About St. Michael's
St. Michael's School is a member of the California Association of Independent Schools, the National Association of Episcopal Schools, and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Every seven years CAIS and WASC conduct a joint accreditation of the school. The last evaluation occurred in February, 2014. St. Michael's received an accrediation from both organizations through June, 2021, which is the the maximum term awarded.
In that report the Accreditation Committee commended the school for:
- The articulation and implementation of its stated goals;
- The Board of Trustees for its dedication and hard work;
- The Parents Club for its active involvement and support for the school;
- The faculty for its enthusiasm and passion for teaching;
- The students for their dedication to excellence in character and academics; and
- The entire community for creating and sustaining an unusually caring environment.
The community, the culture and the families have been everything we've wanted from a school."