Field Trips / Outdoor Education
Classrooms Without Walls
To truly build life-long learners, St. Michael's brings learning to life for its students by providing unmatched enrichment experiences for all students outside the classroom.
- Frequent day trips to experience the Sacramento Region's many historical, natural, artistic, and interactive resources.
- Overnight outdoor education trips to foster exploration, personal development, and relationship building.
- Cross country travel opportunities to expand students' world views.
- Retreat program to promote spiritual, moral, and personal development.
Lower School Field Trips
- Kindergarten: Carmichael Library and Pumpkin Patch
- First Grade: Pumpkin Patch and Soilborn Farm
- Second Grade: Jelly Belly Factory, Explorit Science Center and Crest Theater
- Third Grade: Exploratorium, Discovery Science Center, Crocker Art Museum, B Street Theater, and 3-Day Outdoor Education Trip
- Fourth Grade: Effie Yeaw Maidu Field Trip, Rhodes School House, and 3-Day Outdoor Education Trip
Middle School Field Trips
Fifth Grade: Rocknasium (Middle School Retreat), Pumpkin Patch with Kindergarten Buddies, Discovery Science Center, and 4-Day Outdoor Education Trip
Sixth Grade: Rocknasium (Middle School Retreat), Rosicrucian Egyptian Musem, 4-Day Winter Outdoor Education Trip, 5-Day Trip to Catalina Island Marine Institute
Seventh Grade: Middle School Retreat, 3-Day Trip to Shakespeare Festival (Ashland, Oregon), 5-Day Outdoor Education Trip to Headlands Institute (Sausalito, California), and 6-Day Trip to Space Camp (Huntsville, Alabama)
Eighth Grade: Middle School Retreat, Pumpkin Patch with First Grade Buddies, Empty Bowls Lunch, Shriners Hospital (Sacramento, California), 3-Day Trip to Shakespeare Festival (Ashland, Oregon), 4-Day Outdoor Education Trip (Yosemite, California), and 9-Day East Coast Big Trip (Washington DC, Gettysburg, Lancaster, Philadelphia and New York City)
I was thrilled to be fully supported in starting the organic garden for the school. The school community has embraced this beautiful teaching space, which connects our children with their food source."