iSMEDS Robotics Photo Album
First Lego League introduces younger students to real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO-based robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing surface. FLL teams, guided by their imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and, through the process, learn to make positive contributions to society.
St. Michael's Robotics students get to:
- Design, build and program robots using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today's scientists
- Learn critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations
Congratulations Robotics Team!
On Saturday, January 16 St. Michael's robotics team took part in the Northern California First Lego League Championship. 44 teams from across Northern California competed on the robot table and presented their research project ideas. Our team of eighth graders who were coached by Mrs. Graffis and Ms. Graffis brought home a second place trophy in project presentation. Congratulations to the team on a great season!
The fact that St. Michael's puts professional development at the top of its priority list is very obvious in the quality of teaching and learning that takes place in our curricular and co-curricular activities."